**A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES**
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of facility equipment by following established procedures and safe practices. Work conditions include: medium to heavy work (must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs for 10 feet) involving electrical, chemical and mechanical hazards.
- Comply with the OHS Act and Regulations, BV Group Policy and Procedures, Upstream Minerals Management System Policies and Procedures and ISO standards applicable to the Maintenance Technician position.
- Act in a safe and professional manner and wear appropriate attire including the required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Carry out maintenance procedures in accordance with documented SOPs and other work instructions.
- Operate vehicles in the company fleet for the purpose of picking up client samples and supplies.
- Ensure proper functioning of maintenance operations by:
o Conducting preventative maintenance at scheduled intervals
o Completing and maintaining paper and electronic (such as Maxpanda) records of equipment maintained
o Conducting regular inspections of fleet vehicles in conjunction with the Warehouse Supervisor
o Practicing good housekeeping
o Ensuring that the maintenance department security is maintained
- Communicate general maintenance issues to the Maintenance Supervisor as appropriate.
- Report any deviation(s) from documented procedures to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Report any unsafe condition(s) observed in the department to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-###-#### or email us with your request to ...@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Associated topics: breakdown, calibrate, customer service, diagnose, maintenance, maintenance technician, malfunction, millwright, service technician, upgrade